Need to de-clutter?
DE CLUTTER ~~~ DE CLUTTER ~~~ DE CLUTTER
When i'm invited over to someones home and asked to help sell their home, I always give some advise and what they can do to make their home more SELLable. The most common advise I give is to declutter, paint, and new flooring. The CHEAPEST of the 3 is to declutter.
Where should all that stuff go?
Well! If your really committed to selling, then you are ALL IN. Time to start packing because OF COURSE your going to sell!
So START PACKING! Take advantage of this PERFECT time to get rid of things you really don't need, those things you really don't use. With so many people out in this world lacking, surely there is some organization or charity that will view your left overs as treasures. Here are some ideas to get rid of all that STUFF!
- Salvation Army - drop off or they can pick up
- Habitat for Humanity - drop off or they can pick up
- Books? Movies? DVD? - try selling them to Half Price Book store
- 1800got Junk - PAY someone to take your stuff. All else fails? Too over whelming to do? Pay someone to JUST TAKE IT ALL. They can come to your home and give a free estimate for junk removal.
- Try selling it on Craigs List! It's free and you can arrange for the items to be picked up at your home, or i've heard some people arrange the sale to be met at the parking lot of police stations.
- Try Consignment Stores, Local Churches, Garage Sales
- Electronic recycling - computers, monitors, fax machines, microwaves, printers, radios, rechargeable batteries, small appiances, (coffee makers, curlig irons, hair dryers, toasters) toner cartridges, TVs, DVD & VCR's. not accepted: air conditioners, dehumidifiers, refrigeraters, smoke detectors.
- Addison Township: 630-766-2228 ~ 411 W Potter Rd, Wood Dale. March - Nov only 2nd Saturday of month 8am - noon.
- Downers Grove: 630-434-5500 ~ 801 Burlington Ave, Downers Grove. 1st Saturday of month 9am - noon
- Glendale Heights: 630-752-0056 ~ Public Services Garage 1635 Glen Ellyn Rd, Glendale Hts. May - Nov. Only. Thursdays 7:30am - 3pm.
- Hanover Park: 630-372-4440 ~ Public Works Facility 2121 W Lake St, Hanover Park. Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm.
- Lisle: 630-271-4100 ~ 4930 Lincoln Ave (Rt.53) just south of Ogden Ave. Just north of Lisle Police Department. Look for the sign on the west side of rt.53. 3rd Saturday of the month 9a - noon.
- Naperville: 630-420-6095 ~ Public Works Recycling Drop Off Ceneter 180 Fort Hill Dr. Naperville. Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays 8am - 4pm
- SCARCE: 630-545-9710 ~ 799 Roosevelt Rd building 2; Suite 108, Glen Ellyn. Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm
- Westmont: 630-981-6200 ~ Ty Warner Park (parking lot) 660 N Blackhawk Dr, Westmont. (sw corner of Blackhawk & Plaza). April - Dec ONLY 2nd Friday of month. 7am - 1pm.
- Wheaton: 630-260-2000 ~ Public Works Storage Lot (on Liberty, across from Public Works Garage, just west of Carlton). 2nd Saturday of month 9am - noon.
- Creative Recycing Systems: 630-752-0056 ~ 278 Windy Pointe Dr, Glendale Heights
- Ongoing Collections at SCARCE: 630-545-9710 ~ 799 Roosevelt Rd, Buildidng 2, suite 108 Glen Ellyn. drop off hours M-F 9am-4pm; 2nd Sat of the month 9am-noon. Please call and make a reservation for donations greater than 10 boxes.
- Book Rescue
- any and all books in any condiion
- big books, books on tape
- National Geographic magazines only.
- Tools for schools
- gently used school and office supplies
- scissors, paper, pencils, notebooks, binders, clipboards
- Art & Craft supplies and yarn
- Overheard projectors & carts
- Pianos & Classroom furniture (by arrangement)
- Super crayon projectCell phonesMusic instrumentsAmerican Flags
- Broken & unbroken crayons
- Altoid Containers (medium ones only)
- Keys & other small scrap metal
- Sewing Supplies